Thursday 29 October 2015

Crepes with Spinach Paneer filling


This Durga Puja turned out the best one for Vishal Vaanya and me as we had the lovely company of my sis-in-law and her family from Lucknow. We spent seven crazy days full of fun, non stop eating out and visiting beautiful places. It was more of a 're-discovering Kolkata' for me and I have replenished my love for the city. 
Park street, as usual, enthralled us with its beauty and I discovered some lovely restaurants there serving amazing food. Along with my niece, I enjoyed the street food served opposite Vardaan market from the famous Puchka's, Bhelpuri, Jhaalmuri and the irresistible Kulfi. With my sis-in-law, I discovered some amazing shops that I have never visited before. The Santiniketan trip was like a cherry on the cake. I was unaware that there exists such a relaxing and beautiful getaway from the city life. 
Well, everything good comes to an end and their short trip ended soon and now we are struggling to come back to our routine life. 
This particular recipe was tried a month back when I saw it on a tv show. I am a sucker when it comes to breakfast options and the fusion crepes shared on the program excited me. The healthy ingredients made the otherwise 'lazy Savoury experiment' person in me try them soon. 
I served the crepes with some balsamic vinegar and honey glazed beetroot. 
(To make them, take olive oil in a pan and add the chopped beetroot. Add balsamic vinegar, honey and soy sauce and let it cook. Adjust seasoning and serve.)



Ingredients : 

Crepes : 
  • 4 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
  • 4 tbsp besan (gram flour)
  • a pinch of turmeric powder and red chilli powder
  • salt to taste
Filling : 

  • two handfuls of spinach leaves, washed and finely chopped
  • 50 gms paneer, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
  • a small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • salt to taste


Procedure : 

Filling : 
Heat oil in a pan.
Add jeera and as it splutters, add chopped onion.
Cook for a minute and add the chopped spinach leaves.
Cook for another minute or two and then add the crumbled paneer , sweet corn kernels and salt. 
Mix and cook for another minute. 
Allow to cool.


Crepes : 
Take all purpose flour and besan in a bowl. 
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
Add water, as much as required, to attain a crepe like consistency. 
Heat a non stick pan and pour a little oil.
Add a ladle full of the crepe batter and let it cook.
Turn side and allow to cook.
Remove and let it cool to touch.

Take a crepe and make a slit from the centre.
Arrange the filling on the side next to the slit in a triangular manner.
Start rolling the crepe in a triangular shape with the filling till you finish the entire circle.
You may saute the rolled crepe on the oiled pan again to give it a glaze on top. 





Happy healthy indulgence
Amrita

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...